Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Humpday: Retrospective

NowGonna do something a little differently this Humpday: I want to look back at some of the earliest softcore movies I saw and talk about them a little.

Secret Games 3

Wow, I can't believe this movie is just up on YouTube! Anyway, Secret Games 3 was the first softcore movie I ever saw, though far from the first bit of nudity. I remember my parents getting HBO, which of course came with Cinemax, which, to a teen boy pre-internet, was like winning the sexy lottery. I don't remember much of the movie, honestly, as it didn't become one of my most rewatched favorites. But I remember the title, and I remember Rochelle Swanson looking gorgeous.

Masseuse
 

Here we go! Griffin Drew! Amy Rochelle! Monique "The Woman" Parent! Far more erotic and with sex scenes far wilder than in SG3, I remember plenty of this movie, though actually more of Drew and Rochelle than Parent (though in future movies, that wouldn't be the case). I remember watching the husband banging his secretary against the door as a teenager transfixed, being slightly disturbed and very turned on by him telling his maid to have sex with him or he'd have her deported (though I may be misremembering something there). The one woman I'm not familiar with in it is the sexy secretary, played by Gail "Robyn" Harris, though she's made more softcore movies before this, so I should familiarize myself afterwards. Funny enough, as hot as Drew and Parent look here, I think they only got hotter as the years went on.

Play Time

Now we're talking. An all time classic, one that cements Monique Parent as one of, if not the, greatest softcore actresses ever, and upstages the contemporary SG3 and Masseuse in almost every category. More energetic and realistic sex scenes, better acting, better story, lesbian scenes, 3somes, swapping spouses, the list goes on. I never did see this fully when it first debuted, only catching a glimpse of the first 5 minutes at a friends before leaving his house. Even then I could tell this one was something. Caught the whole thing a few years later and even rented it from an amazing video store (remember those?) that didn't censor their softcore like Blockbuster did, but also were sneaky enough to hide the softcore in the drama section so teens like me could more discretely rent them. I rented Play Time, and a week later the store went out of business. I kept that old VHS for a long time, until the internet rendered it obsolete. Seriously, are you still reading this? Why aren't you watching this amazing movie? It's even got a 6.4 on IMDB, for God's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment